Longfellow's Greenhouses in Manchester, Maine is looking for a full-time addition to the Nursery and Perennial department team.
This is a rare opportunity to work year round with others who have a passion for the industry. Experience, plant knowledge, and a strong work ethic are important.
Come in and fill out an application at our store on 81 Puddledock Rd. We'd like to meet you!
Will Longfellow, General Manager, 207-622-5965,
Nursery and Perennial Associate
This is a full-time position.
The Nursery and Perennial Worker is responsible for assigned duties in the Nursery and Perennial Department including planting, watering, spacing, restocking. merchandising, receiving and other related tasks as deemed necessary to assure complete customer satisfaction.
1. Assists in the planting and maintenance of perennials and nursery stock.
2. Assists in the restocking of perennials and nursery stock in the retail display areas.
3. Assists with the unloading and proper labeling and pricing of perennial and nursery stock deliveries.
4. Assists with the setup and maintaining of displays of perennials and nursery stock in the retail area.
5. Provides exceptional customer service in support of Longfellow's motto.
6. Follows appropriate safely requirements and regulations.
7. Exhibits responsibility and flexibility in meeting Department staffing needs, including working late and weekends when needed.
8. Conforms to acceptable attendance/punctuality standards as expressed in our Employee Manual.
9. Performs other related tasks and assist other departments as requested.
1. Ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds consistently throughout the workday is required.
2. Full range of physical mobility including walking, sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and manual dexterity is required.
3. Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions is required.
4. Ability to work flexible schedule as needed is required.
Candidates must be able to perform essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis upon request.
See Careers in gardening, landscaping, managing a nursery, etc.
Job Vacancy Posting for State Horticulturist (Plant Health Program Manager) – Augusta.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Candidates interested in this position must submit
a Direct Hire Application, Cover Letter and detailed Resume to:
Natural Resources Service Center
Thomas Cotnoir, HR Generalist
155 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
You may email all of the required documentation to:
- OR - you can fax your material to 207-287-2216
All Direct Hire Application materials must be received no later than 5:00 pm on the closing
date of this posting: Direct Hire Application forms can be obtained by accessing the NRSC
website at http://www.maine.gov/nrsc/jobs/application.shtml
or by contacting the NRSC
Personnel Office at 624-6370. Click here to go to the application page
Photocopied and facsimile applications are accepted at fax #287-2216. The Department
is not responsible for late receipt of applications due to mail service or faxing malfunctions.
Job offer to new hire is conditional upon verification of credentials, criminal records,
and driver’s license check if applicable. Three references must be provided and made
available at the interview to include at least one work-related reference.